The Escrow Assistant provides clerical assistance to the Escrow Officer in the processing of the escrow transactions. May serve as a back up to other office staff. Assists with special projects as needed. Reports directly to Escrow Officer.
· Miscellaneous opening procedures: prepare start card, proofread instructions prior to disbursing.
· Send certified escrow instructions to lender.
· Obtain all information required to open a refinance or a resale escrow.
· Obtain "Legal and Vesting" (L&V) for title.
· Open title search for a refinance and resale escrow.
· Prepare and package loan escrow instructions and all documents required in borrower's opening package.
· Package preprinted sale escrow instructions and preprinted documents required in Seller/Buyer package.
· Properly order demands, beneficiary statements, and homeowner association statements.
· Prepare an estimated closing statement for the principals involved. Escrow Officer is to approve.
· Package loan documents.
· Order evidence of Insurance.
· Obtain lender with their funding requirements/conditions.
· Accurately prepare receipts.
· Accurately disseminate information from a given file to the appropriate party (i.e. Buyer/SellerlBuyers
Agent/Sellers Agent/Lender/Title etc) for closings.
· Print closing statement and HUD-I.
· Print checks.
· Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
· Previous Escrow experience required.
· Past office/administrative experience of at least one year.
· Ability to work independently.
· Excellent organizational skills with a focus on details to ensure accuracy.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
· Proficiency in Microsoft office and SMS software.
· Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a wide variety of people.
· Positive, “can-do” attitude.
· DOC approval.
· Escrow Agents Fidelity Bond; and pass the live scan fingerprint by the Department of Justice.