This position is in Woodland Hills, CA.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Assets Management & Acquisitions, the Bilingual (Spanish) Property Management Assistant will be responsible for helping assist in the day-to-day functions of the property management department.
Applicants without property management experience will not be considered.
- Works with property manager to minimize expenditures, maximize revenues and adhere to budgeted cost parameters.
- Ensures all rent is collected as due.
- Manages preparation of all tenant correspondence, including late payment notices.
- Works with legal counsel and Property Manager to execute unlawful detainers and 3-Day Notices as required.
- Produces monthly tenant delinquency reports.
- Schedules site visits regularly.
- Shows vacant suites as necessary and explains property rules and regulations. Ensures all move-in/move-out paperwork is completed correctly and has been approved by the property manager.
- Ensures all suite, move-in, move-out and other leasing data is entered correctly and in a timely manner into Yardi.
- Works with property manager and maintenance team to ensure that suites, common areas and grounds are maintained according to property objectives.
- Works with property manager to ensure adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all safety inspections are completed as required and ensures adherence to company key control policies.
- Completes, as necessary, all required paperwork for all liability, workers’ compensation and property insurance claims. Oversees tenant and vendor insurance program.
- Takes escalated service requests and works with property manager to ensure adherence to customer service standards. Works with on-site staff to ensure that tenant issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow-through is done.
- Schedules meetings with contractors/vendors
- Vendor management and billing
- Any other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- 2 years of experience in Property Management
- Knowledge of commercial buildings and building systems
- Knowledge of Yardi software preferred, Microsoft Office required
- Fluency in Spanish required
We offer health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, AD&D, 401k, paid vacation and sick days, and more.